Here's proof that tradition is anything but stuffy. Fresh chopped apples are topped with a creamy-crunchy topping for a dessert that’s hot and scrumptious.
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 8 servings.
- 1 tub (8 oz.) honey-nut cream cheese spread
- 64 NILLA Wafers, coarsely crushed (about 2-2/3 cups)
- 8 small apples (2 lb.), peeled, chopped
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix cream cheese spread and wafer crumbs with fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (Do not overmix.)
- Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon; spoon into 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 min. or until topping is lightly browned and apples are tender. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Enjoy a serving of this warm fruit dessert on occasion.
- Special Extra
Top each serving with 2 Tbsp. thawed frozen whipped topping.
Prepare using 8 (4-oz.) custard cups.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 13g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 33g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|