- 3 oz. reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 small apple, cut into 24 slices
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 24 TRISCUIT Crackers
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut cheese into 12 slices, then cut each slice crosswise in half.
- Cut apple slices in half; place in medium bowl.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon. Add to apples; mix lightly.
- Place crackers in single layer on baking sheet. Top with apples and cheese, alternately layering cheese slices between apple slices as shown in photo.
- Bake 3 to 4 min. or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
You can feel good about serving your friends and family these tasty snacks that are made with better-for-you ingredients. Each serving provides 16 g of whole grains from the whole wheat TRISCUIT Crackers. And as a bonus, the crackers also team up with the apples to provide a good source of fiber.
- Use Your Microwave
Top crackers with remaining ingredients as directed. Place 8 topped crackers on microwaveable plate. Microwave on HIGH 20 to 25 sec. or just until cheese begins to melt. Repeat with remaining topped crackers.
- Special Extra
For added color, prepare using 1/2 EACH sliced green and red apple.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 5g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 6g|
|Added sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|