Prep time20 min
Total time6hr 30min
ServingsMakes 16 servings.
- 18 OREO Cookies, crushed (about 2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. ancho chile pepper powder
- 1½ pkg. (4 oz. each) bittersweet baking chocolate(6 oz.), melted
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Mix crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer until well blended. Add pepper powder and chocolate; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each just until blended; pour over crust.
- Bake 1 hour 10 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.
Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- Where to Buy Ancho Pepper Powder
Look for ancho pepper powder in Mexican grocery stores where it is typically found next to the dried chiles or packaged herbs.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 28g|
|Saturated fat 16g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 23g|
|Vitamin A||20 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|