Acorn Squash, Apple & Cheese Melts
Fall flavors come together on a TRISCUIT Cracker in these bite size stacks of melted cheese, apples slices, acorn squash and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- ½ small acorn squash, seeded
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 24 TRISCUIT Crackers
- 3 oz. Havarti cheese, cut into 24 slices
- 1 Gala apple, cut into 24 slices
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Cut squash into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Brush oil evenly onto both sides of squash slices; place in single layer on rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 12 to 13 min. on each side or until squash slices are tender and golden brown on both sides. Transfer to plate; cool slightly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Top crackers with cheese; place on baking sheet. Bake 3 to 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard peels from squash slices. Cut squash into 24 (1-inch) pieces.
- Top crackers with apples and squash; drizzle with syrup. Sprinkle with parsley.
These delicious appetizers are not only a smart choice but they also feature some of the best flavors of Fall. Enjoy!
- Special Extra
Sprinkle squash slices with garlic pepper seasoning before baking as directed.
Prepare using your favorite variety of winter squash, such as pumpkin or butternut squash and/or prepare using Muenster or Gouda cheese.
Prepare using maple-flavored or pancake syrup. Or, substitute agave syrup or honey for the maple syrup.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 5g|
|Added sugars 3g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|